Sunday, April 22, 2012

Birthdays

I Love Birthdays! When you are a child you look forward to blowing out the candles on the cake, making a wish and presents. As you get older flowers tickle your heart and bring joy. Some of us don't like to be reminded of a year gone by and the reality we are getting older. I look at them differant now. Today I received beautiful flowers, went out with a dear friend for dinner and bought shoes, lol...tradition to myself.

I celebrate today because I have so  much to be thankful for! This day is a celebration of who we are and a reminder each year of what we have accomplished and had to walk through. Birthdays are a reflection of our journey of Life and what it has taken us through. So I reflect on how blessed I have been to have had 6 more years to celebrate life when I shouldn't have. It's a day to celebrate  and thank-God, for this is another year, He has fullfilled His promise. But more importantly I have experienced  fullness in my Life because of this relationship with Christ. I have seen incredible events, sorrows and accomplishments in my family this year. Even in the midst of this threat of cancer I have peace. I am in the palms of his hands. So I rejoice today in God. Believing there is purpose in this trial. I am Alive, (John 11:4) states," this sickness will not end in death." In my Birthday Celebration I recognise He has brought me thus far and will continue to do so. My prayers have been answered and my birthday wish is to Live Life; another year gone by, a reminder of  (Titus 1:2) He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment